Friday 13 October 2017

Welsh Officer change

Today is my last day as Welsh Officer for the BSBI. I am relocating to Scotland with my family, and it just isn't practical to work in Wales! I am very glad that Wales will be welcoming back Paul Green, who has been Welsh Officer before and knows the ropes. 

Hymenophyllum wilsonii, Wilson's Filmy-fern
It has been a privilege and a pleasure to be employed by the BSBI for six years - I have learnt so much about Wales and Welsh botany. I will miss Wales, and the botanists, many of whom I now count amongst my friends. 
So that's it really - goodbye Wales and best wishes for the future. This from a recent visit to Merionethshire - near Abergynolwyn where we found a new record of Hymenophyllum wilsonii. 
Me on a hillside above Abergynolwyn with the Merioneth Nats

No comments:

Post a Comment